Damaged HairTreatment Specialists.
We treat damaged and dry hair restoring natural beautiful shiny hair to compliment your desired hairstyle. If you are not happy with your current hair condition, schedule an appointment and we will restore your damaged hair through application of special hair restoration treatments.
In San Diego damaged hair occur often due to the overexposure to sun, ocean, swimming pool and tab water and also, quite often, due to a wrong selection of hair products, frequent hair coloring and a lack of vitamins.
We help people to regain healthy natural hair through use of most effective modern damaged hair treatments. To understand how hairs get damaged, first we have to look at the hair anatomy. The hair strand consists of three layers, the medulla, the cortex and the cuticle. The medulla is the most inner hair part and it is comprised of several round cells. It is also known as the pith or the marrow. The second layer surrounding the medulla is the cortex and it is made of fibrous proteins and cells tightly bound together. The cortex is the strongest part of the hair strand. The third outmost layer is the cuticle and it is comprised of several overlapping cells. Cuticle’s purpose is to protect the hair strand.
When damaged hair occur, in many cases the damage is done not only to the cuticle but also to the cortex and that’s why it is not recommended to use damaged hair treatments which only affect the cuticle. Such treatment offers only a temporary cosmetic effect and do not fully restore hair. In our hair salon, we have a selection of wonderful hair products helping to promote hair health and heal damaged hair.
Damaged Hair Prevention Tips
- Avoid frequent hair coloring, especially with over the counter hair colors.
- Hair coloring relies on powerful chemicals penetrating hair cells and frequent use will result in damaged hair. If you work in harsh chemical environment – cover your hair.
- Avoid continuous overexposure to the sun – eventually, it will catch up and cause hair damage.
- If your pillow case fabric is harsh, it may result in damaged hair because during the sleep when you move your hair are brushing against the pillow case. Silk pillow cases allow your hair freely move against the fabric and are preferable.
- Avoid using elastic bands on your hair, your hair gets tangled and causes hair damage, especially when you are trying to pull elastic band off.
- While brushing hair always start at the bottom and work your way up, otherwise by pulling on tangled hair hard with a brush you cause hair damage.
- When using hair iron, be aware that very hot temperatures also cause hair breakage. We treat damaged hair for San Diego clients utilizing more advanced options that help to fully restore hair damage.
If you see your hair become brittle, dry and unattractive give us a call and we would be happy to asses the situation and offer a competent solution to your damaged hair problems.